Thursday, December 4, 2008

Don't Blink...

Many of you probably know of the song, "Don't Blink" by Kenny Chesney. If you don't, it's a country song about how fast time goes by. And I never truly knew exactly how fast time goes by until I had a child. Can you believe that Brayden is 18 months old? A year and a half old already. And it just flew by! My baby is no longer a baby...he is a toddler. There doesn't seem to be much baby left to him these days. He is doing his best to do everything he wants to do when he wants to do it and without any help from me. He is all over the place...climbing the stairs, trying to plug in the Christmas tree, unloading the dishwasher, climbing into his highchair, he's a maniac. I can't even keep up with him most nights. But then there's that moment. When he's crying in his crib after waking up...and you go get him and he will just cuddle in next to you. He'll lay in bed quiet with me and just snuggle and I can look at him like I did when he was just a tiny thing. Where did the time go...




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He is getting so big. I understand you getting sentimental. That's why I have three. .. . they don't stay babies long enough!