Monday, December 22, 2008

And It Begins...

Toys...lots and lots of toys are coming our way this year. The Christmas fun started yesterday when my Dad and Edie and my brother Mark and his wife Katie brought my niece over to have a little early Christmas celebration. Since we don't usually see my Dad and his family on Christmas day, it's just easier to have them over earlier. So they all came to our house for some yummy spaghetti bake and some presents! It was a lot of fun! Brayden got the Little People Farm Playset and Leah got a doll and a vacuum cleaner. Of course, Brayden was alot more interested in Leah's vacuum (shut up Megan, we don't need one). And then he opened this present from his Pap-Pap. THE MOST ANNOYING TOY IN THE WORLD...
A Handy Manny Power Tool Set. I already want to hide it away. Not only does it speak in Spanish to me nonstop, but it sounds very much like a real saw or drill. But this is the best part...it "breaks" on it's own every once in awhile. So that you can get out your niftly little toy pliers that came with it to "fix" it by tightening the screws. So here's how it goes...GRRRR...ZMMMM...GRRRR...ZMMMM for about 5 straight minutes. With random spanish phrases throughout to let you know you are doing a great job at sawing or drilling or chasing the poor dog around with it. Then CLANK, CLANK, CLUNK! UH-OH! Following by your toddler chasing you around yelling "Mama OFF OFF" over and over again until you tightened the dumb screw that is set to unscrew itself again in 5 minutes to "fix" it. And don't think you can watch TV or anything because this toy is LOUD and there are no volume controls. So, if I can warn you ahead and you bought this for your kid, you will hate it. Please give it to some other poor parent that you wish to torture because it's horrible and you will want to tear your ears off. Ours is going on 12 hours old and I already was trying to think how bad it is of me to hide it away. So let's see what we are going to get that can beat this one...lol.


If I don't have time to say it again...I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas and lots of love to you all from our family!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your description of Brayden's new toy made me laugh!!! Haha

If I don't talk to you guys before Christmas, hope you guys have a great one :)

XOXO

Beth*

Mad Mama said...

Haha!!! Leah loves that vacuum. Mark and I already know the words to the songs... Ugh.

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the duplicate little people set. . . I knew I should have got him a sweeper! lol

XOXO