Monday, December 22, 2008

Please Tell Me Tomorrow Will Be Better...

Let me tell you a little about my day today.

First, let's rewind to last night. After a great visit with my dad and brother and families, Brayden was happily playing with his new toys. And I start to smell something. No big deal...we've changed at least a million poopy diapers by now. I go upstairs to grab something and my brother yells up, Brayden needs his diaper changed NOW. I know, I smell him...no, he says now. Look at him. Oh yes, all the way up the back of his pretty striped shirt is a brown stain. Lovely. So I take him upstairs to change everything and into the tub he goes. Gross. But he seems perfectly happy and no fever. Later that night we are sitting around watching TV with Andy. I see the poop face starting. I warn Andy, he had a bad one earlier. What do you think is next? Yep, poop all over our couch because he was only wearing a onsie. So into the bath again with Daddy while I scrub the couch. Again, no fever. Now it's bedtime.

Wake up this morning to him happy as can be asking to eat. Bananas, he's chanting. So he gets his banana and we get ready for the day. He's really hungry, eating up the banana and a whole waffle right away. I figure this is great, he must be feeling ok and off to daycare and work we go. When I don't hear from the daycare by around noon, I'm guessing the day is safe and he's all better. I'm super busy at work and really can't afford to miss any days or time this week. But around 4pm I get the call. Brayden has had 3 runny diapers today. But is playing happily, so no big deal, just wanted to let me know. So I go pick him up and we head home. He's a little lazy, but a happy little guy.

We head home and hang out on the couch watching TV and eating toast with juice. My mom comes over to visit and play with Brayden so I can work on finishing up something for Christmas. So they are watching TV and I'm working on the table with some fabric. Brayden comes over and wants to see what I'm doing and then lays down on the fabric. I didn't think much of it and he was playing with it for a little while. Next thing I know, it's time for a bath. He's sitting in the tub playing and I'm doing all the little things, getting his clothes ready and stuff. I look over and his face is BRIGHT RED with PURPLE SPOTS!!! All over it. The only place that looked normal was right under his nose. I called my mom back over and from what we can guess, it looks like an allergic reaction to rubbing the unwashed fabric on his face! So now I have a poopy, purple spotted baby. And it's 2 days til Christmas. Just what I wanted! Off to bed he goes and I check him occasionally. Fast asleep and the spots are fading.

It's about 11pm and I'm getting ready for bed now. Turn off the TV and finishing some laundry. All of a sudden there is a loud rumbling. Now, I recognize this...it's the same rumbling we had last week when someone's carbon monoxide alarm went off and about 4 firetrucks were parked in my street. So Nibble and I go out to see what's going on. No firetrucks, but a large dumptruck and bulldozer are parked running right next to my house. At 11pm. On a Monday night. And my entire house is rattling and rumbling. I go out to ask what's going on. Oh, nothing major, they are just repairing a damaged underground line. SERIOUSLY?!?!? NOW?!?! I ask, are people without power or something? No, nothing wrong, it's just a bad cable line. And they have to heat the ground or something for at least 2 hours before they start digging. And he was nice enough to warn me...it's going to get way louder than the rumbling dump truck when they start.

So if you see on the news tomorrow that a crazy mom started attacking Comcast people in the middle of the night for waking her sick baby. It wasn't me...you never read this.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

:-( what a day. Hope Brayden is feeling better!!

Allied Insurance Brokers said...

Poor purple spotted baby!! You do have the best stories, though!!