Friday, October 24, 2008

Welcome to the World, Baby Boy!



Yesterday, my best friend Megan welcomed her 3rd little baby into the world. Miles Andrew was born at 5:17pm on October 23, 2008. He was 8 lbs, 6 ozs and 20 & 1/2 inches long. Not too big, considering he was a few days overdue! He gave his mommy a hard time this past week by not budging until he was given the official eviction notice. She went in yesterday morning to get induced. They gave the medication. She waited. She walked. No progress at all. So home they went.

When I got off work at 5:00pm, I gave her a call to see how she was doing. It didn't sound good. I had originally thought she said they were leaving for the hospital. I find out later that they were actually about to pull in the parking lot. And talk about cutting it close!! Later, we looked at our phone times. I talked to her on the phone at exactly 5:04. Look again above at what time he was born!! I got a phone call from her mom at 5:25 saying I didn't make it in time. I was shocked!

But both Mommy and baby Miles are doing great. When I was visiting with her around 7pm last night, I could tell she was already wanting to go home with her family. Both Gabi and Ryan (her other kids) came to visit and were so excited to meet their new little brother. Congratulations Greene Family! He's absolutely beautiful!!

No comments: