Sunday, January 18, 2009

Totally Unexpected!!

About a week ago, I was upstairs, putting away clothes or something and Brayden was up there with me. He was dragging around his little potty so I asked him if he wanted to pee in the potty. He immediately nodded yes, so I figure, what the heck? I strip him down and set him on the potty. What do you think...he pees!!! Probably within 2 minutes of sitting there! I thought it was a fluke. So that night, before bath, I ask him again...Do you want to pee on the potty? Again, yes and he sits down and pees!! I'm completely shocked. And truthfully, not at all prepared to put in the time and effort to start potty-training. He's only 20 months old! And he can't pull his own pants on or off...or talk for that matter...haha. But he loves to sit on the potty now! For the past week, about 3 or 4 times a day, I will ask him and up he goes. I know he has the right idea now because you can tell he's actually trying to go when he's sitting there.

So this has been an unexpected surprise! But how can I argue? Of course, I know we are a LONG way from out of diapers, but it doesn't hurt!

1 comment:

Allied Insurance Brokers said...

HOLY CRAP! Seriously, do you have the easiest toddler ever??? I'd have Brayden come over to teach Nate some lessons but I'd be afraid of what he'd pick up!